Monday, August 9, 2010

bed rest day 4

At least I don't have to poop in a pan... I mean honestly, people have to do that on bed rest. I keep reminding myself of the positives... the good things, the things I should be thankful for - and there are so many.
I'm hesitant to start a blog because I don't want the 6 people that read it to think that I am declaring that my life is in the most terrible state, that I am anybody particularly special, or that I really have anything all that interesting to say. The uterus & cervix talk can get quite exhausting after all. But - since I am spending ALL DAY in bed, I am going to write about it anyway...so I thought I'd put some fancy flowers around it.
It's day 4, and after my birthday weekend, a pile of magazines, 2 good books to look forward to, and a new subscription to netflix, I have to say that I am not crying about it.

Of course I do have a ways to go...Due date 1/6. Bed rest should last until 36 wks - mid December - when I get my cerclage out. Sweet Jesus.

“It is good to be solitary, for solitude is difficult; that something is difficult must be a reason the more for us to do it.”

-Rainer Maria Rilke

3 comments:

  1. LETTER TO A YOUNG MAN

    Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart
    And try to love the questions themselves.
    Do not seek the answers that cannot be given you
    Because you would not be able to live them

    And the point is to live everything
    Live the questions now
    Perhaps you will gradually without noticing it
    Live along some distant day into the answers.

    RAINER MARIA RILKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this quote by Rilke handwritten on a sweet drawing of heavenly blue morning glories that Sylvan drew for me years ago. I love this quote and it has helped to soothe away so many of my worries and the burning impatience that so often has been and still is my companion in life. I love you Kathy. Time and space can never destroy a connection that was once true and good. Here is to reclaiming that lovely sweet friendship we shared long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and your fancy flowers and your blog...Lisa C

    ReplyDelete