Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ease into this...

Last week I was telling my Dr. how I am actually really surprised at how good I've felt physically throughout my bed rest. I expected to be sore and achy from inactivity. I did some stretching here and there, but nothing too intense for fear of my shortening cervix. Well well well...I've figured out the reason I was feeling no pain...I didn't have to lug this huge weight around... MY BELLY! Oh my gosh, my back is getting used to the extra weight...slowly. It's an adjustment. Last Thursday I went to Target for two hours (easing into it, right?) It was exhilarating...it was also exhausting. I came home and took a nap, and when I woke up, my legs were sore like I had worked out!

The physical activity has been good for me, and going through the motions of every day life has been really helpful too. I have been taking Scarlet to school in the morning, and running errands/Christmas shopping. It's been nice having a purpose (getting her ready and out the door in time for school) and I think it's more important than I realized... these few weeks between bed rest and the baby are a good interim period of easing back into real life, instead of going straight from bed rest (no responsibility) to NEW BABY (holy #@&*!)

Here's a pic of my large belly and my sweetie Scarlet....... I have my 37 week appt tomorrow, so I'll post an update...although I can feel big head McKay front and center, so I know he or she is still breech.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."

Louis L'amour


No comments:

Post a Comment